Dual boot win98se and xp

greenkeen 15:42 28 Jul 03

I wish to run a dual boot with win 98se and win xp.
Ihave 1 drive connected to the motherboard and 1 to a pci ata controller card. Which should be loaded to the C drive and which to the F drive(on the controller card).
Thanks for any help.

PirÅTë 15:49 28 Jul 03

just an observation, why run a dual boot with 98 and xp? xp can do all 98 can and so much more!
if you want a dual boot why not have it with linux? i personnaly wondering why one would want a dual boot with 98 and xp? not having a go just curious as to why?

anchor 15:53 28 Jul 03

Perhaps greenkeen has some hardware that just wont run on XP.

johnbhoy 15:53 28 Jul 03

GreenKeen - I have Win98Se setup on my C: (Primary master) and Windows XP on my D: (Primary Slave). I would suggest you install Win98 on your C drive and Windows XP on your F drive.

Pirate - To answer your question - I run both because my wife who knows hee haw about computers has been able to switch on my PC and run the word processor, internet from Windows 98, it took me 6 months to show her and there is no way I am going to upset the apple cart by trying to explain the new funky look of XP.

Plus I can hide all my good files on XP and she cannot see them.

Cheers

JohnBhoy

stlucia 16:49 28 Jul 03

Like johnboy, I have Win 98SE on my c:\ drive and XP on another (e:\ as it happens).

If 98SE is not already installed, I would suggest you install if first on c:\. Then you can install XP as a "new installation" and it will prompt you for whether you want to replace 98, or leave it and run a dual-boot system.

greenkeen 11:40 29 Jul 03

The reason I wish to use 98 and xp is, yes you've guessed it, the wife hates xp. So xp for me, 98 for her and the kids. Seems fair to me!

PirÅTë 11:57 29 Jul 03

did you know that you can change xp to look like 98?

stlucia 13:10 29 Jul 03

For me Win 98SE does everything I want, and more! EXCEPT, I had to install XP to be able to write software for use by other XP users. I've retained 98 for all other uses to avoid the need to upgrade printers, scanner, modem, video drivers etc. And, yes, I've set XP to "classic" style.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…