dual boot win 7 and xp

rsturbo 05 Jun 12

hi can somebody point me to how to dual boot xp and win 7?

thanks for any help

woody 05 Jun 12

Thre are several tutorials out there. Note, thought, that most make a distinction between dual booting a system that's already got W7 installed and one that's already got XP installed. FWIW, I've done it twice - once with a system with Vista installed, once with a system with W7 installed, and both work great.

learsi_c 15 Jun 12

Setting up a dual boot configuration is both easy and practical. First you will need a Windows 7 DVD (Installation disc). The second step will be to create a partition on a free hard drive where you can install the Windows 7 OS. After which, you can boot the Windwos 7 installation disc and run the set-up. Install the Windows 7 OS in the partition you had previously created. For additional details on how to do this, you may visit http://www.techyv.com/questions/upgrade-win7-winxp-and-make-it-dual-os where a step-by-step guide is available.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message