Dual Boot and Wifi Keyboard

Penguin21 14:38 07 May 14

I have a dual boot system, XP and 98SE, with a Microsoft Wireless keyboard and mouse, based on a Foxconn MB (760GXK8MC). The keyboard does not function until the OS has loaded so I cannot select the OS I require from the dual boot menu. Looking at several forums this appears to be an old problem so nothing new there BUT, when I first start the computer I can use the delete key to access the start menu but then the keyboard doesn't function on the dual boot menu. So, I have keyboard and mouse that work, then don't work, then work. I've tried all USB sockets (2 front and 4 rear) without success. Yes I can continue using wired kb and mouse but that isn't the plan. Help?

Jollyjohn 14:48 07 May 14

Look in the BIOS and look for a setting "USB legacy mode" or similar and enable it

If it is already enabled or that doesn't solve the problem then the only alternative is to leave a wired keyboard plugged in just for OS choice.

You can have both wired and wireless connected. My 6yr old son uses a wired brightly coloured keyboard for typing messages but reverts to the wireless for general use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…