Dual Boot two seperate Hard Drives

jonmichael 13:57 26 Jun 06

I have two hard drives and they are both on there own.

C Drive contains my xp windows operating system

D drive is a seprate drive and I have nothing on it yet.

I tried to install a Linux system onto D Drive and I wanted it to Dual boot with C Drive.I can not get D rrive to dual boot
I did download Vista Beta and tried to set it up to dual boot.When I got to the final stage of the installation I was informed that Vista had failed to install completely.
When I tried to open up my XP Windows on D Drive it was not possible all I got was a blank screen.
I blamed Vista for this and I should have more sence than to try.
Is it possible to dual boot a seperate hard drive and put a different operating system on the drive.
Thanks

silverous 16:23 26 Jun 06

I don't think this counts as "Absolute Beginners" and I know I only check this forum irregularly so you might find you get more help there.

ade.h 16:47 26 Jun 06

Now that it's here, don't duplicate it. If you are ab beginner, then this is the right place to post.

I'll post again later when I have some info for you.

Newuser38 18:04 26 Jun 06

This might help the Flecc method could, I believe be applied to any 2nd operating system.

ade.h 18:11 26 Jun 06

You've missed out the link!

Newuser38 20:28 26 Jun 06

Thanks and sorry I frequently send e-mails the same way hope this is the correct one click here

Zeppelyn 23:26 27 Jun 06

I believe its the new Vista boot manager to be the culprit, even when uninstalled, Vista boot sector gets left behind. You need to boot to Recovery Console with XP Cd and use fixboot and fixmbr commands. Then use bootcfg /scan to check if XP being picked up. Then use bootcfg /add to rebuild your boot.ini

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…