Dual Boot System - Mouse & Keyboard Freezing

FCD 10:17 31 Oct 03

I have a dual boot Win98/XP home system which I have run successfully for several months. I recently installed updated XP graphics drivers from a downloaded file which turned out to be corrupted - I was left with several problems - [intermittent no boot or crashing once loaded]. I therefore repaired XP using the CD "repair" facility and this appeared to imptove matters. However, whilst I have no problems booting, and the system initially runs ok, eventually [after 1 -15 minutes] the keyboard and mouse freeze and my only option is a manual reset. This occurs whether I run in Win 98 or Win XP.

My next step is to reformat the OS partitions and re-install both but I wonder if I am seeing the start of a hardware problem [motherboard, memory???]. Grateful for any advice on any way of checking this.

MichelleC 11:57 31 Oct 03

You can try doing a benchmark test. This gives many linksclick here but they're often not 100%.

BTW have you reinstalled mouse and kb drivers?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…