Dual boot with SATA drives?

Mr Computer 21:26 26 Dec 05

I have 2-Seagate 160gb SATA drives connected to 2 SATA controllers on an Asus A7n8x deluxe Motherboard The bios has to be set for SCSI drive and then it will Boot from the(master) sata drive
Q.How do I or can I boot from either SATA drive without having to swop the contoller cables around
(I also have 2 ide drives connected to the motherboard but these will not boot until I change the bois settings to HDD0)
I would be gratful if someone could solve this problem for me.
PS Merry Xmas all.

Chegs ®™ 23:17 26 Dec 05

Which OS's do you intend to use?

If both Windows OS's then you'll need a 3rd party boot manager(I think)if your intending using linux + windows,the bootloader(Grub/Lilo) will auto configure each OS.

Mr Computer 09:21 28 Dec 05

Thanks, Chegs. I have windows pro on both drives,
any suggestions as to what might be best for this operation? I think I have boot magic somewhere but I seem to remember that this will only boot between the ide & sata drives,not between the sata drives themselves.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:27 28 Dec 05

The bios has to be set for SCSI drive and then it will Boot from the(master) sata drive
Q.How do I or can I boot from either SATA drive without having to swop the contoller cables around

When you dual boot lines will be put into the Boot.ini fileon the 1st SATA driv showing the path to the second operating system.

Boot magic should do this for you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:34 28 Dec 05

click here for how to edit the Boot.ini file

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…