Dual Boot Problems Win XP + Win98SE

Stealthcat 11:04 29 Apr 03

Whilst setting up a dual boot system and installing win98 on my secondary partition win 98 booted without problems. After setting up XP on my primary partition, win 98 now fails to boot showing just a blank screen with a flashing cursor. Anyone know what the problem and maybe have a solution? I dont fancy going through it all again to get the same result. Thanx

temp003 11:23 29 Apr 03

Do you mean when the computer starts, you get the operating system selection screen, but when you choose 98, you get a blank screen?

Just guessing here. Which file system are you using for the XP partition (presumably your C drive)? If it's NTFS, 98 can't run from the boot files on the C drive.

Stealthcat 11:29 29 Apr 03

yeah my xp partition is ntfs and i thought it might have summat to do with it. is there anyway round it you know to?

temp003 11:41 29 Apr 03

Unfortunately you can't convert NTFS to FAT32. You need to reformat the C drive to the FAT32 file system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…