dual boot problem

twin 13:24 12 Feb 04

Hi can any one help. how do i remove a dual boot
menu. after failing to install another os.when my pc starts i get the option to load windows xp.windows me & then windows setup.
i want to get back to just having the option of windows xp.& windows me.
THANKS
twin

[Boot Loader]
Timeout=61

[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect
C:\="Microsoft Windows"

leo49 13:51 12 Feb 04

Edit the boot.ini file.

See this M$ knowledge paper[section removing an OS]

http: // support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289022

take out the space before and after //

temp003 13:54 12 Feb 04

Boot into XP. Right click My Computer, Properties, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery, click Settings. Click the Edit button. This will open the boot.ini file in Notepad.

Edit it to read:

[boot loader]

timeout=8

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect

C:\="Microsoft Windows ME"

Click File, Save. Exit Notepad. Back in Computer Properties, click OK, OK until you exit it. Restart computer.

temp003 14:03 12 Feb 04

I have assumed, from what you posted, that XP is on the second partition of your hard disk.

You might also want to look for the temporary installation folder(s) of your aborted installation. It might be at C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT If you see it, and you're not proceeding with the installation anyway, you can delete it.

twin 14:39 12 Feb 04

Thanks problem solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…