Dual boot

jerica 16:13 20 Dec 10

Hi, is it possible to dual boot onto separate hard drives? Got XP on one drive want to put 7 on the other. Also can the XP be 32 bit and the 7 64 bit? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Terry Brown 16:23 20 Dec 10

No problem
Make sure the drive /partition you want to put it on is clean (no other programs)

When you put the Disk in the drive to boot Win 7, select Custom install and change the drive letter to the drive you want to install to.

When installed you will have a duel boot machine.
Terry

jerica 16:25 20 Dec 10

I'm formatting the second drive and will give it a go when the copy of 7 gets here, I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for being so prompt.

GaT7 16:27 20 Dec 10

Yes, no problem at all to all you have asked - it's exactly what I have running at the moment: XP 32-bit on one drive & Win7 64-bit on another. Btw, you can also use just one hard drive (split into at least 2 partitions) - this is what I have running on my spare system.

It would be ideal to install XP first though. This is because, when installing Win7 next, Win7 will automatically create a dual-boot option for you at startup. If you already have XP installed, you won't need to reinstall it - just connect the 2nd drive & install Win7 on it. Again, the dual-boot menu will be automatically created by the Win7 install. G

jerica 15:09 21 Dec 10

As you can see from my later post I've hit a problem.

GaT7 15:20 21 Dec 10

Have answered you there click here.

As mentioned there, close one of the threads & keep one open. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…