Dual Boot

quack 17:22 01 Apr 04

I have two hard drives in my computer of which one is running Windows 98 (Master)and the other Windows XP Pro. (Slave) I do not get a choice of which drive to boot from when I start up. Is there any way I can set the machine so that this choice becomes available on boot up? At Present the computer boots to the Master Drive and whilst I can see the Slave Drive in 'My Computer' I can't access any programmes from it.

Sapins 17:39 01 Apr 04

Hi quack. In XP follow these instructions.

To specify the default operating system for startup
Open System in Control Panel.
On the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
Under System startup, in the Default operating system list, click the operating system you want to start when you turn on or restart your computer.
Select the Display list of operating systems for check box, and then type the number of seconds you want the list displayed before the default operating system starts automatically.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sapins.

Sapins 17:42 01 Apr 04

Sorry, should have noticed you have XP Pro, this is from the help files on XP Home, maybe it will work on Pro.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…