€ as in €dstow

Wak 20:46 28 Feb 03

Hi €d, I posted this in an earlier thread but thought it worth bringing to the top.

I tried to thank you today for the Spywareblaster update but couldn't find my € sign. All I could get was a little square.
However, I've just discovered that if you go to Tools/ Internet Options/ General tab/ Fonts button (at the bottom), there are four alternative fonts offered for plain text, and I assume that these replies to forums are all written in plain text

Courier New and Lucida Console will allow the € sign whereas the Letter Gothic and OCR A Extended will change it to a little square.

So possibly the new version of Opera that someone gave you was set to a different font without you realising it???

Interesting???

€dstow 07:56 01 Mar 03

Thanks for that.

The thing was that I could get the € in the new Opera by changing the language/text encoding but it didn't want to retain the new setting as default. I also noticed that there was no choice of English in the language settings i.e. in Opera 6.05 there is a choice of US English and UK English. In the new version it is just English. I'm not certain what the actual problem is but I will keep to this 6.05 version on this machine although I will retain the new version on the others.

Note: I'm not normally here at weekends. I've dropped in to wait for some courier deliveries of films from my recent USA trip.

€d

Goldcroft 08:20 01 Mar 03

Is there a way of storing euro sign on a key. I would like in place, say, of the ^ symbol which I never use, then we would have the £ $ and euro more or less together?

Wak 08:54 01 Mar 03

Hi, Haven't you got the € sign on the 4 key on your keyboard???
If you have, use Ctrl + Alt + 4 to produce it.
If you haven't then treat your self to a new keyboard for Xmas. (Or start dropping large hints to the relatives)
I don't know of any way to exchange keys as you suggest but it's worth looking in to.
That's a new project for the weekend.

Goldcroft 16:37 02 Mar 03

Thanks WAK. Unbelievably I did not notice it on the 4 key!!! €€€€€€€€€€€€€. But bearing in mind that we need the € and the $ and the £ most of the time, and I cannot remember ever using the ^ key, would be happy to hear from you if you find out how to substitute the € for the ^ key!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…