DSO Explot - What is it????

JayDay 11:19 28 May 04

I have just installed Spybot S&D. It has found 5 DSO Exploits. What are they? Are the save to remove? They appear to live in the registry so I am a bit loathe to remove them without knowing what they are.

Here are the details (I'm sutre they will make sense to someone!!

DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1417001333-1935655697-1708537768-1002\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

techpro 11:21 28 May 04

JayDay
i have the same 5 exploits,just downloaded DSOstop2 and ran the program,ran Spybot Search & Destroy
but it's still showing 4 exploits ?

techpro 13:32 28 May 04

I saw a posting in another forum that Spybot may have a bug that causes these exploits to continue to show up. So I'd be inclined not to worry about it. If you have the latest Internet Explorer security patches (which you ought to have) you aren't vulnerable to these exploits anyway.

JayDay 14:40 28 May 04

I ahve had the same problem as Travelmoney. Maybe it's a problem with Spybot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…