DSO Exploit

Citizen Snips 17:48 15 Jan 05

Hello there,

I've recently started using Spy Bot Search and Destroy in my quest to protect myself from the dreaded spyware and adware that haunt the net and try to infest your PC. I also use Lavasoft's Adware and Spyware Blaster alongside Spybot,and have the complete Norton 2004 internet security suite installed,which I update daily. However,I've found Spybot digs up five entries under DSO Exploit everytime I run the scan,I then select them and click to "fix the problem", which then states that the spyware's been removed.

However, if I run the scanner again,it dig's up the exact same thing. My understanding of these things is limited,but as I understand it these DSO exploits can be used to hijack your browser homepage. Therefore can anyone suggest anything I can do to permanently rid myself of these things?

Cheers.

VoG II 17:50 15 Jan 05

Bug in Spybot click here

ACOLYTE 17:54 15 Jan 05

click here

This may help.

Lokit 19:16 15 Jan 05

There is a fix available but note the mention of the version number of your Spybot software.

click here

Jai 19:23 15 Jan 05

Helpfull tip to remember (if not already done).
Type in your problem title in the search box,
eg "DSO" & click the green box. You can
guarantee that someone has had the problem & the solutions will be in the archive, plus it saves the regular guru's repeating over & over.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…