DSL routers backdoor vulnerable?

rdave13 20:04 04 Apr 14
Answered

Just found this. Seems hackers can get to the router's settings. Without searching I don't have the info of how to block this vulnerable TCP port number: 32764. Just a post to warn of possible security breach.

1]: [click here

rdave13 20:07 04 Apr 14

Link has posted twice, must be a PCA blip.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:12 04 Apr 14

"The backdoor requires that the attacker be on the local network, so this isn’t something that could be used to remotely attack DSL users."

Read this and use shields up to test the ports

rdave13 20:20 04 Apr 14

There's an update in the article, " Update: Vanderbeken reports some routers have the backdoor open to the Internet side as well, leaving them vulnerable to remote attack." So not confined to just a local network on some routers.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:52 04 Apr 14

My old router, a Netgear DGN2200v3, is on that list but, I suspect the chances of actually being hacked in this way are pretty remote. Having recently got fibre we are now on a BT HomeHub 5 which is, I believe, made by Hauwei.

rdave13 21:38 04 Apr 14

Mr Mistoffelees, as you say, being hacked is pretty remote until it happens to you. Hence the post.

rdave13 21:42 04 Apr 14
Answer

Still worth probing your port 32764.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple