DSL Router and printing

hgrock 22:56 09 Feb 04

I have 2 PCs that share internet connection via DSL router, they are not not networked in any other way, i can switch on and use any one whitout having to turn the other on. Flie and print sharing is disabled. I recently ran the network wizzard because i want to be able to print from any PC, but they still cannot see each other, any ideas where i went wrong, the two machines are wired and wireless and both share the internet whichever method i choose but still cannot find each other on the network

pc moron 23:43 09 Feb 04

You should be able to print from the PC that has the printer connected to it.

To print from the other PC, I think you need to enable print sharing.

LeadingMNMs 07:30 10 Feb 04

Make sure all firewalls are disabled and then try. The firewall may block the data packets from the other computer if it doesn't realise that it is 'friendly'. The firewall can be recognfigured later although its easier to just get it out the way for now.

hgrock 13:51 10 Feb 04

will try that, i have Norton 2004, have no problems with the internet just want to be able to print from the laptop to the printer connected to the PC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…