dsl connection to netgear wireless modem router

lesdolph 22:51 04 Oct 08

Hi. i currently have a speedtouch 330 modem connected to a desktop pc which works fine if a little slow. i want to connect a notebook wirelessly in another room. i have bought two netgear wireless modem routers, neither of which i can get the dsl light to come on. My ISP is virgin, with a BT telephone line. I have called Netgear who have done various tests and told me to call my ISP and check the line and the filters. I have called Virgin who say they have checked the line and its ok, and it must be a problem with the wiring or hardware. i have checked the modem in the bt test socket and it doesnt work, i have tested it in another apartment and it doesnt work, i have bought a new netgear modem and it doesnt work. i have 3 telephone sockets all of which have filters on, plus sky which has a filter from back of tv phone connection. Virgin are now suggesting i try another router, any ideas why i cant get dsl connection on the wireless modem/router would be appreciated.

Dipso 23:03 04 Oct 08

Are you sure you have it wired up correctly? Someone recently had a similar problem and it turned out that they had the RJ11 cable connected to the ethernet port by mistake click here

ambra4 00:24 05 Oct 08

"I have bought two Netgear wireless modem routers"

What is the model No of the modem/router

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…