Dsl and Cable?

Michael Kelly 22:31 26 Mar 07

Hi all,

I currently have a contract with tiscali for 12 months on their 8mb business package which is provided via adsl through the phone line.

I've just ordered virgin media 10mb cable, but didn't leave any bt phoneline details, as I do not wish them to mess up my current configuration on my phone line ( with tiscali ).

Is it still possible for them to install the cable without these details? In other words, can I still have tiscali running with the virgin media cable?

The installation date I have specified is Tuesday 3rd or Wednesday 4th of April.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Michael

woodchip 22:37 26 Mar 07

I do not have cable but as they are two different routes into your property, I would say they can work independent of each other. As long as you do not try connecting both together

Michael Kelly 22:45 26 Mar 07

Thanks for the info, anybody absolutely positively sure?

dagwoood 23:12 26 Mar 07

Michael Kelly, woodchip's correct. Cable broadband uses a separate network, so you'll have a new cable run to your property by Virgin Media and they wont touch your phone line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…