Drvspace

shellship 21:19 22 Sep 05

I have a back up file on a floppy from a colleague who has Win 98. It is compressed with drvspace which my Win XP will not recognise. I need the data on the disk and am having difficulty in persuading my friend to use something modern like an USB flash (he has an USB socket on his machine)as he is not in his first flush of age (neither am I actually).

Is there any way that XP can be persuaded to accept a drvspace disk, please.

Help, you marvellous lot out there.

woodchip 21:28 22 Sep 05

You can only open with the program, it is old windows compression. Not for the faint hearted. It can ruin a hard disc and takes some getting rid of

shellship 21:18 23 Sep 05

Thanks a million. You confirmed what I thought. But in hope you are wrong, is thwere anyone else out there who can help, pleaase.

MAJ 21:25 23 Sep 05

I used Drvspace about 18 months ago on file on a floppy, shellship, like yourself it was for a friend. I was dual booting Win 98se and XP at the time and if I remember correctly, I had to boot to 98 to get at the file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…