Drsnsrch.com Hijack

Barnacarry 12:05 15 Mar 09

Every time I've used the Doctor Spyware Cleaner, that came with PC Health Optimizer Free Edition, it keeps finding the following object -

Drsnsrch.com Hijack (1 trace)

registry value: "defaultsearchurl"; Location: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\search assistant"

and each time I have asked it to repair this object and quarantine it but it reappears on the next scan. Is this a false alarm and how can I get rid of it?

skidzy 14:25 15 Mar 09

You have the Slotch hijacker and is old hat now.

Before running any of the below,you need to uninstall any of the following from add and remove programs;

(if they exist)
Active alert
Internet Optimizer
ISTSvc
Sidefind
Slotchbar
Software Update Manager
Uninstall 180 Search Assistant (You must be connected to the internet. Just keep pressing the uninstall button when it prompts).
Viewpoint Media Player
WSEM Update

Download and update Malwarebytes free click here now boot the computer into safemode and run Malwarebytes.

If this fails try Spybot Search and Destroy click here again download and update / immunise and again run in safemode.

Failing these,follow these instructions for a manual removal. click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:25 15 Mar 09
  skidzy 14:29 15 Mar 09

if needed Hijackthis click here as the link at Bleeping Computer is not working for me.

Do NOT try to fix anything else in the Hijackthis scan results,some of this is needed for the computer to operate correctly.

If your still having problems after all this,post back.

Barnacarry 23:23 15 Mar 09

Thanks everyone. sorry for the delay, just back from work.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ - Thanks for the link. I'll run hijackthis again and check on the files the link mentioned and follow the instructions. I admit I didn't understand the details when I first ran
it.

skidzy - I don't have any of those programmes. If the above doesn't work I'll download spybot and malwarebytes and see what happens.

Barnacarry 00:41 16 Mar 09

I tried Hijackthis and did not find any of the files that were mentioned so I ran Spybot in safe mode and I got the BSD saying 'TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN' and to 'disable Bios memory option such as caching or shadowing'.
I'll leave this until tomorrow and try a system restore back a couple of weeks to see if that works.
Thanks to both of you, anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017