DropToCD

mgmcc 15:23 17 Jun 04

I rather like this little program from the cover disk of issue 107 and have used it quite a lot.

However, I've just installed a DVD RW drive and, although DropToCD is also supposed to support DVD, I cannot get it to work with DVD media. It does display the correct information about the DVD disk in "Info & Options" and it works fine with CD media in the new writer, but just gives an error about disks not being formatted when trying to "record" on a DVD disk (actually DVD+RW)

Does this "freebie" version actually support DVD or has it been crippled so that only CD-R and CD-RW can be used?

Old Shep 15:35 17 Jun 04

I woud say it is an old program as often 'given away' by computer mags. Interestingly their web site is closed but click here for a shareware version of 4.24

mgmcc 15:55 17 Jun 04

Old Shep,

Thanks, but the cover CD version appears to be the same version number (actually 2.24) as on their own website at w_w_w.sateira-software.com and in the site that you linked to.

TomJerry 16:38 17 Jun 04

here is website click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…