Dropping automatic network connection

pamled55 22:54 28 Aug 06

My computer has started to pick up a "rougue" unsecured wireless conection. If I go to "view wireless network connections" I get the "Windows is unable to configure this connection" dialogue. If I then go to the hange Advance settings" Option my preferred network is the only one listed but the "Use Windows to configure.." is unchecked. If I check it I get my proper connection back.

When I switch off the conection is lost again and the "Use Windows to configure..." check box is unchecked again. How can I ensure this stays checked?

Thanks in advance.

ade.h 22:58 28 Aug 06

About the only thing that can remove that checkmark is actively-running 3rd-party adapter management software.

pamled55 23:14 28 Aug 06

ade.h

Thanks for the prompt reply. Clicking on your link takes me to a wall chart site. is that what you intended?

ade.h 23:19 28 Aug 06

I haven't provided any link. Please explain what on earth you are on about.

pamled55 23:53 28 Aug 06

Ade.h.

Easy now. Check out the threads. Look at your first reply. Where does it take you? May be I've missed something.

ade.h 00:02 29 Aug 06

click here

There is no link.

So please forget about that and just follow my advice.

Check for 3rd-party management software and remove it if any is present. This assumes that you actually want to use WZC, which is generally preferable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…