Dropper.small.akq----- Can u help??

gregg704 11:59 04 Jan 06

Hi,

All started when i downloaded a codec add on for windows media player. Now i have scanned with ewido/avg and they cannot pick up anything except when i log on to the net i get dropper.small.akq in varios locations e.g ld10C6.tmp , ld51AO.tmp that is with ewido. The only thing that picks up anything during scanning is spybot, 2 entries with vcodec system32\ts.ico and system 32\ncompat.tlb. I have tried deleting these in safe mode but the ncompat.tlb comes straight back when i reboot. I have hijackthis log but cannot post this here because of size can anyone be of any help. With this dropper or whatever it is i get a message in my small icon tray saying for me to download some more antispyware software. Part of the problem.

mattyc_92 12:03 04 Jan 06

A-Squared click here
Ad-Aware click here

Run both of the above and remove anything they find.

gregg704 12:31 04 Jan 06

Thanks for your prompt response. I already had ad aware, it found nothing before. I downloaded A squared it found nothing as well. Spybot still picks VCODEC up but cannot delete or does and it resurfaces. Any other suggestions?

thanks

martjc 13:40 04 Jan 06

...try [Start],[Run],Regedit. Search for any reg key with Dropper in it and remove from the sytem. Might work -might not, but worth a try. A similar tactic has worked for me in the past, though not on this Dropper thingy.

gregg704 16:48 04 Jan 06

Downloaded a program called counter spy. Must admit was well impressed picked up about 8 infected files with 'Tro.Desktopscam trojan'. The program tried to delete them but they kept returning so deleted them in safe mode. Picked up all the bad stuff that avg, a-squared, ewido, spybot only picked up 2 infected files. All in def worth a download. Thanks for your helkp guys.

gregg

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5