dropper.inor virus - avg can't remove?

bamfiesler 13:10 11 Jan 04

This virus is sitting in local settings\temp int files\contentie5\50s4uxmx\count[1].hta. Icannot find this file, and avg can't remove it! What now?

I have also noticed in avg's test results that there are a load of files it hasn't checked because it can't open them; why not?

All help appreciated.

MichelleC 14:00 11 Jan 04

What os are you?

Big Elf 14:05 11 Jan 04

The files that aren't checked may be password protected. It flags these up on my system although it does say that they're scanned.

VoG II 14:14 11 Jan 04

Try CleanUp! click here which should remove it from temporary internet files.

Big Elf 14:25 11 Jan 04

Useful tool that. I've added it to my list of useful stuff as well as running it.

terminus 14:30 11 Jan 04

There's a free virus/worm remover tool on this site.
I hope it's of some use.

terminus 14:31 11 Jan 04

Whoooppss click here

bamfiesler 19:29 11 Jan 04

Hi, Guys!

Been out all day; thanx for the comeback. I downloaded Avast; it didn't pick up the virus. I cleaned out the Temp folder again, ran avg scan on C: and.......NOTHING!

I am truly at a loss....

Jester2K 19:55 11 Jan 04

It was in the temp internet files, which you then cleared (including the virus). Thats why the second scan with AVG found nothing.

its gone now...

bamfiesler 20:10 11 Jan 04

Jester,

Thanx for monitoring. I still can't fathom why avg could neither heal this file nor move it to the vault!

Jester2K 20:12 11 Jan 04

The file may have been in use or it might be because the temp internet folder is a System Folder and therefore protected.

Anyway sorted now...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…