"Dropper.Funweb.A" virus.

The Dazza 21:27 08 Aug 04

I have just updated my AVG and run a scan and a virus called "Dropper.Funweb.A" was found.

I tried to move this virus to the virus vault but wouldn't let me as it said the file was needed (it couldn't fix the file either). The file name is A0029683.CPY.

Please help if anyone can.

stalion 21:33 08 Aug 04

try this click here

georgemac 21:35 08 Aug 04

try spybot or adaware & see if this can shift it - think it is spyware

if no joy with those try a2squared

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:37 08 Aug 04

Individual virus removers:_
Bitdefender click here

Fateful Shadow 21:57 08 Aug 04

Does that have anything to do with what BBC News were on about a few days ago? Something about having your line 'dropped' and then it being reconnected, but only to a premium rate line?

The Dazza 20:48 09 Aug 04

After using Microworlds escan it appears my virus has been deleted, so thanks very much stalion.

When I tried to start-shutdown-restart my PC got a Fatal exception message (blue screen job)OE:0028:C0254363. However this has only happened once.

Every time I boot my pc I get the message "The shortcut 'Mywebsearch Email plugin.Ink' refers to a location that is unavailable".

stalion 20:54 09 Aug 04

wqhat anti-virus software are you useing

The Dazza 21:07 09 Aug 04

I use AVG anti virus.

stalion 21:15 09 Aug 04

if your running xp go to run type msconfig and select startup and see if it is listed there and untick it

The Dazza 07:59 10 Aug 04

I'm using ME.

The Dazza 17:30 10 Aug 04

I did the msconfig in ME and it worked. I no longer get the "shortcut" error message when I boot up.

The nasty fatal blue screen hasn't reoccured recently so I'm hoping that was just a one off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…