Dropped connections with Speedtouch 330 modem

Pappyon 09:22 09 Mar 03

I am a new subscriber to Pipex.

Within 2 minutes of making a connection, it gets dropped. The ADSL light goes out and the USB light starts to blink red.

I have to reboot to remake my connection.
Then it is OK for the rest of the day until the next morning at initial boot up, and the same thing happens again!

I was advised that unticking "Allow the PC to turn off this device to save power" for the USB hub root for the modem in Device Manager/USB Controller would resolve this issue, but it has come back to plague me. I am getting sick of it. An email to Pipex support 4 days ago has received no response whatsoever

My Chipset is AliMagiK 1 and mobo is an ASUS A7A266.

If anybody can solve this problem, I will be extremely grateful

numskull 09:49 09 Mar 03

I have been with Pipex for a year now. I had that trouble at first. Not sure if it is the same thing but I forgot to get a microfilter for my Sky digibox. As soon as I unplugged the phone connection from the digibox my ADSL connection was fine. I since got a microfilter!

I e-mailed them about a problem recently and it took them a while to respond. They sent me a link to adslreports.com about making a tweak for BT lines. Since doing it my connection speed has been rocketing but I am not sure if that is just coincidence.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…