Dropped Connection

CDL 09:16 11 Oct 04

My PC will connect ok to the internet (via a modem),but will only stay connected for a few minutes before it drops the connection and redials. I have tried other machines on the same line/connection and they are fine.

Any suggestions please ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:19 11 Oct 04

Tools - internet options - connections - settings- advanced

untick boxes "disconnect if idle for more than ***" and "disconnect if connection may no longer be needed".

CDL 09:25 11 Oct 04

Thanks for that Fruit Bat /\0/\ but I have already checked tose settings. Could it be a modem problem ?

spuds 10:12 11 Oct 04

Are you using dial-up.Is the modem external/internal.Is the connecting point far away from the main primary line connecting socket.Was the connection working okay in the past!.If so, check to see if you have other devices on the same telephone line [to many will cause drop-out].If you have extra devices fitted, try removing them individually on a trial basis, so as to see if that is the cause.

Considering the cost of a modem [£9.00+], I would perhaps try fitting a new unit, and solve the problem from that start point, if the above suggestions are not the likely cause.

CDL 11:29 11 Oct 04

Thanks spuds

I'm happy with the installation and have tried various alternative connection leads etc. I'll try a new modem,see if that sorts it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017