Drop-down web memo

Wilham 10:22 22 Feb 03

On the entry line, clicking the down arrow rh end normally drops down recent sites. Mine has gone, empty box stays blank- how do I restore it?
A frend tells me a computer mag freeby CD recently had a utility to delete this memo to hide the list of web contacts from the next user.

AndySD 10:47 22 Feb 03

Do you mean the Address Bar.....and what is your Operating System and tne version of Internet Explorer?

Wilham 11:25 22 Feb 03

Yes, Address bar. System is WinXP Professional and Int Expl 6 (Do I need to verify)
Several have used my pc recently, can understand the switch-off for privacy,- but wish they would return the settings.

AndySD 11:50 22 Feb 03

The first thing to try is go Tools choose Internet Options and make sure the History is not set to 0 Days

Wilham 12:02 22 Feb 03

History setting is twenty days.

AndySD 12:10 22 Feb 03

Ok

Just as a test when you click on the History Button does the list off all sites visited appear on the left?

Wilham 12:53 22 Feb 03

Yas, the green History button produces the left hand window with sites visited. The green button (a clockface with rotate arrow) is one of several History clicks,...others include View...Expl Bar...Hist; and History (just above view in hist panel); and Ctl+H, of course. All combinations haven't put a site in the address box drop-down (so far). My Int Explorer version is 6.0.2600.0000, by the way.

AndySD 13:13 22 Feb 03

Try pasting this address in the address bar

h**p://click here

se if it saves it

AndySD 13:13 22 Feb 03

click here. theregister.co.uk/

Wilham 13:53 22 Feb 03

AndySD. OK. I've tried. Saved in History window, still blank under address bar. But you've set me thinking along a new line. I'm wary of register twiddles nowadays, though. I'd like to hear from anyone who knows a source of the computer mag's "...hide history" sw. Don't know any details. I now need a day to think it out, but will come back.

AndySD 14:16 22 Feb 03

Have a look in Add/Remove Programs for something like click here or click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…