drop down lists

pete1966 07:04 27 Nov 04

whenever i use google it stores everything i have searched for in the past, how can i delete this list please, annoying more than anything

thank you

Technotiger 08:27 27 Nov 04

Hi, I don't use Google, but I think you will find a small black down-pointing arrow to the left of Google on the Google address bar, click on this and you should find the word Delete or similar. Cheers.

pete1966 11:43 27 Nov 04

it does'nt appear on google, thanks anyway

Kegger 12:14 27 Nov 04

hi Pete,
do you have the google tool bar installed? if so to clear all history left click once on on google button and then select 'clear search history' this will clear all searches, i can find no way of clearing history from accessing the google website with out using a third pary cleaner. my advise would be to install google onto task bar and then clear history.

march 12:47 27 Nov 04

click in the search box & it should bring up the sites you have been on, scroll thorough them & highlight the site & click delete.

pete1966 12:57 27 Nov 04

Hi guys, every search engine i use does the same thing, weather google, yahoo or whatever!

Thanks

kev.Ifty 12:58 27 Nov 04

have you tried TOOLS/OPTIONS. Contents Tab..AUTO COMPLETE Then CLEAR FORMS.?

Kev.

pete1966 13:06 27 Nov 04

Hi kev, tools, options from where?? Tools from top of page only gives internet options, not just options, cheers

VoG II 13:10 27 Nov 04

Tools, Internet Options, Content tab, Autocomplete button, Clear Forms button.

Technotiger 13:17 27 Nov 04

Hello again, I use Yahoo, Ask Jeeves and msn search engines, each with their respective Toolbar installed - they all show down-pointing arrow showing the option to Clear History as I said to begin with in my first response. Cheers :-))

pete1966 13:27 27 Nov 04

SORTED

Thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…