DRM disappeared

kimtrnc 18:46 09 Oct 09

Programs downloaded from BBC (especially to WMP) often refuse to allow playing because "you have no DRM" rights, and indeed i can't find this file on my system.
I have looked at Microsoft's "cure" for this, and its instructions do not match what is in my registry, and are not easy to follow, either
I am using winxp SP3.
Can anyone help, please ....I am missing Merlin & University Challenge badly...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:38 09 Oct 09

DRM digital rights management

You have no right to play a file you haven't paid for or are copywrited all BBC programs are copywrite.

BBC programs will only play using the BBCiplayer nd will not play in WMP.

kimtrnc 05:35 10 Oct 09

Thankyou Fruitbat - you are always so informed and helpful on any subject I post!

I have no wish to violate any owner's rights, but when I access iPlayer,(where I can always download successfully - if VERY slowly)it is often so slow in fact that frequently the program expires as soon as it finishes downloading!!, and certainly before I can watch it.

One of the other download options it offers is "download to Windows Media Player", which SEEMS more amenable, and has the benefit of arriving in MY directory, on MY computer!
This I can do, but the program will then not play
because I "do not have DRM rights".

i feel there has to be a simple solution, but am not able to find it. Thanks for your help
There is, of course, a BBC "help" section, which does not cover this problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now