this is driving me mad

raggy 2 11:58 14 Jun 06

Hi guys sorry to be a pain but I have posted on this site about pop up ads, I have then downloaded countless amounts of blocking software and yet it is continuing.
Is there anything else i can do that will put an end to this( not another software that promises no more ads) please please help as I am beginning to believe that these sites that do this are unstoppable and the disadvantages of the internet outweigh the advantages

raggy 2 11:59 14 Jun 06

had 2 more pop ups as soon as i put this subject on
aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

?. 12:08 14 Jun 06

control panel>admin tools>services

Find the messenger, then right click, properties, select service status as stop.

Then startup as disabled.

May solve your problem.

Woolwell 12:09 14 Jun 06

I find that the Google taskbar pop-up blocker and the setting in IE (Tools - Internet Options - Privacy) stops most pop ups for me. However if you are constantly getting new windows open and more pop ups then this could well be a sign that you have malware on your computer. Running a good anti-spyware programe like Ad-Aware, Spybot or SuperiorAntiSpyWare or the Microsoft Defender should be the first thing that you do.

VCR97 21:29 14 Jun 06

Try Popup Stopper (free) from click here It works for me.

VCR97 21:30 14 Jun 06

Bottom left of page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…