Driving me crazy..Please help!

bryrach 21:00 19 Sep 05

"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." etc,etc,popping up every 5 seconds and I can't get rid of it. Even sending the error report doen't help. Also when I'm on PC Advisor site or any other site, there seems to be html code at the top of the page, and I have to refresh to get rid of it. Tried Adaware etc and its still there. Any ideas why I'm getting this problem?

brambles 21:08 19 Sep 05

Why don't you do a system restore back a few days to when you weren't having the problem

Brambles

Totally-braindead 21:09 19 Sep 05

Try this click here;en-us;318378&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH

Jackcoms 21:15 19 Sep 05

"Even sending the error report doen't help"

What help do you expect?

By sending an error report, that is exactly and only what happens - you are sending a report to Microsoft.

You are reporting possible problems to them with their software so that they can correct those problems in future versions/releases.

They will NOT solve your individual problems.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:21 19 Sep 05

Repair Internet Explorer explanation
click here

In XP tpye sfc /scannow in run box with XP CD in drive

lotvic 21:38 19 Sep 05

Totally-braindead's link click here

(Howto make microsoft links work, change them on tinyurl.com click here as this site has problems with the semicolon;)

dagbladet 21:54 19 Sep 05

Jackoms

I once, just once, when I clicked send error report got a link to a microsoft knowledge base help page that had the info to solve my problem.

bryrach 16:08 20 Sep 05

1 No restore points showing.
2 I've actaully been re-directed to M/Soft sites that give remedies when asked to send reports
3. I only have an Acer XP Home recovery disk. Will this allow me to re-install Internet Explorer without messing with my original settings/files etc. Help appreciated guys

scotty 16:13 20 Sep 05

Do you have the same problem with other browsers such as Firefox?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:54 20 Sep 05

I only have an Acer XP Home recovery disk. Will this allow me to re-install Internet Explorer without messing with my original settings/files etc.

Probably not.

Download IE6 service pack 1 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…