drives now show as portable drives!!

fredyflame 22:13 19 Jan 05

2 of my hard drive partitions now show in "my computer" as usb flash drive or something (a narrow drive with green lines on the top) since I tried to install my wireless connections
they work ok but I would like them to look like a normal hard dive

fredyflame 23:31 10 Mar 05

2 of my hard drive partitions now show in "my computer" as usb flash drive or something (a narrow drive with green lines on the top) since I tried to install my wireless connections they work ok but I would like them to look like a normal hard drives
any ideas anybody??

woodchip 23:37 10 Mar 05

Don't know if this will work! right click on one of the drives\Properties Does it say anything about changing ICON

FelixTCat 23:41 10 Mar 05

Try refreshing the view by going into View. Change the view to, say, Tiles and then back again.

fredyflame 21:53 11 Mar 05

Neither worked

FelixTCat 22:02 11 Mar 05

Go here: click here and download Tweakui. One of the options in the left window is Repair. Click on this and Rebuild Icons

fredyflame 23:08 11 Mar 05

tried that thanks but it did not change the icons

fredyflame 20:43 14 Mar 05

any fresh ideas
Thanks

woodchip 23:32 14 Mar 05

Yes you may have to live with it. If it works that's the main thing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…