DRIVES folder missing

Irfman 19:47 04 May 04

Ive got an IBM 560 laptop, and im trying to update the devices which i useon the laptop such as the infrared. But the DRIVES folder is missing, when goto run and type in C:\DRIVERS it says "This file does not have a progam asscociated with it for it to perform the action. Create an association by going to my computer, view and click on options" I cant find where to associate programs, can you help me please :(.

Irfman 20:05 04 May 04

Irfman 21:08 04 May 04

please help me!

VoG II 21:10 04 May 04

Does it show up in My Computer or Windows Explorer?

Valvegrid 21:14 04 May 04

Have you tried just typing 'drivers' in the run, without the C:\ ?

Drivers is in the path C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Drivers if you're using Win98.

Irfman 21:27 04 May 04

its shows up as a file.
And i did C:\drives as its win95
what should i do?

Irfman 23:07 04 May 04

how do i fix this.

VoG II 23:14 04 May 04

I think you need to go back to the beginning and explain exactly what it is that you are trying to do. If it shows up in Windows Explorer, what is the problem?

DJ-Garry 23:15 04 May 04

The drivers folder is not (or should not be) in the C:\ drive. It is a system folder and therefore should be as Valvegrid states in either the system or system32 folder.

Double click My Computer, then C:\ Hard Disk Drive, then the Windows folder, then the System32 folder and inside that should be your Drivers folder.

DJ-Garry 23:18 04 May 04

Or is it the My Computer icon that's missing from your desktop???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…