Drives

Major Disaster 14:59 05 Apr 05

Hello,
I am looking to buy a new computer in the near future and was wondering which type of drive is best with so many on the market. Bascially, i want one which can read and write to everthing! cd-r, cd-rw, cd+r, cd+rw, dvd-r, dvd-rw, dvd+r, dvd+rw, and all the types of CD/DVD roms and rams, and then there is double layer! Would a dvd+-/rw be able to read and write to all these different formats or would i have to get a cd/dvd+-r/rw or does that even exist?! Or would i have to get two or more separate drives?! Please advise!

TomJerry 15:13 05 Apr 05

get one double layer and you get everything covered, the price diference is very very small.

Major Disaster 15:17 05 Apr 05

Thanks for your advice, but one what? One dual layer dvd+-/rw? Will that be able to do EVERYTHING? And does dual layer mean that it can write double as much data to the same disk? Any advice is appreciated!

Technotiger 15:46 05 Apr 05

Hi, you need the LG GSA-4163B - reads/writes just about any format including DVD-RAM.
Price around £45-£55.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…