Drivertickets.net, is it a virus?

RISC OS user 20:32 22 May 14
Answered

My daughter is getting an annoying pop up when using Firefox 29.0.1 and neither she or I know how to get rid of it. Also is it a Virus or spyware? I might be able to help her my self but she lives quite a way from me so cannot get my hands on the machine. The URL is "DSW.Drivertickets.net/sd/dw32.html?u=https%" plus a lot more! Her machine is a Packard Bell, with Windows 8.1.

Any help will be appreciated.

Woolwell 22:31 22 May 14

Almost certainly malware or virus. Check it is jcs not dsw. Jock1e's link should help.

rdave13 23:00 22 May 14

This might help Avast boot time scan. If you don't have Avast then run your security software in safe mode.

click here

RISC OS user 16:51 23 May 14

Thanks to all who replied, I will try as mentioned and see how it goes, will post again with results.

BrianCummings 05:40 24 May 14
Answer

I just removed it. Open menu top right of browser, open Tools, open extentions. Delete as appropriate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…