//some 3rd party need geo

Drivers for ZIP drive

Janet-201707 18:08 10 Jul 04

We have just upgraded to Windows XP, but the Iomega ZipCD 650 version 2.1 will not work, so I guess I shall have to get the drivers for it. I backed up info to disc from old PC and it looks likely that I did not finalise the disc as the new computer will not run it. Is it still possible to locate an update or am I whistling in the wind with the change in PC technology in the four years since I brought the zip drive?

Janet

VoG II 18:11 10 Jul 04

Have a look at click here for an updated driver.

Eric10 18:18 10 Jul 04

and click here for more info.

THE TERMINATOR 20:29 10 Jul 04

If you still have the program on your hard drive, have you tried running it under compatability mode ie win95 or win 98....TT

THE TERMINATOR 20:33 10 Jul 04

To run under compatability mode, right click the program and choose properties, compatability mode tab and eneble compatability mode for the operating system that you upgraded from....TT

Janet-201707 21:37 10 Jul 04

Tis me again...bikerlady. What we have done is have a new tower built to run Athlon xp processor, with 512mb RAM. I still have the old tower next to me, but as of yet no monitor to connect it up to, so as I seem to have not finalised this disc with the information I need to put on the new system, such as Incredimail info and all the graphics I was working on, I had hoped to be able to run the Zip Cd 650 to finalise this CD, so's to have access to the info that is on it, but looks like I may have to buy another monitor so that I can access the old tower to put right what is wrong, unless anyone has any othe suggestions???? I could SPIT!!!!!

Eric10 21:59 10 Jul 04

What's stopping you plugging your monitor from the new system into your old tower just to get the job done?

Janet-201707 14:06 11 Jul 04

Thanks Eric 10
Did as you suggested and managed to finalise disc. I was reluctant to go down this route in case I messed things up. It looks like I will not be able to use the zip drive if I cannot get upgraded drivers for it. Looking like that was £200 down the drain, for having looked on websites suggested I will have to buy new software to use it on this system and that I am reluctant to do. Thanks for you help, all of you guys.

Janet

Janet-201707 14:06 11 Jul 04

Thanks Eric 10
Did as you suggested and managed to finalise disc. I was reluctant to go down this route in case I messed things up. It looks like I will not be able to use the zip drive if I cannot get upgraded drivers for it. Looking like that was £200 down the drain, for having looked on websites suggested I will have to buy new software to use it on this system and that I am reluctant to do. Thanks for you help, all of you guys.

Janet

Smiler 14:37 11 Jul 04

What is wrong with the hotburn software upgrade here click here

Or are you saying that your drive didn't ship with hotburn? If not what software did it ship with?

Smiler 14:49 11 Jul 04

try here click here

or here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…