Drivers USB3 Windows 8.1 64bit

highside 16:35 04 Jan 14

I downloaded the latest USB3 driver for my Acer All In One but cannot install it because the Acer instructions say to uninstall the old driver first, problem is that the old driver is not in Add/Remove programs and that is where the instructions specify to uninstall from?? Any help appreciated.

Acer Z600 Windows8.1 64 bit Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:38 04 Jan 14

Try uninstall the USB devices in device manager

highside 07:23 05 Jan 14

Thanks for that, good idea, Im not sure what to delete there as I dont know how to recognise the file from the file names in device manager, there is one wirh USB3 in its title. Ive never understood why the drivers are all Windows files and not the program makers names, ie Acer or whatever?

alanrwood 11:42 05 Jan 14

USB system drivers are part of Windows and not usually provided by a manufacturer. These are the drivers for the internal USB controllers not the external device Manufacturers will only provide the specific driver for the device functions.

You can delete everything in the USB section of Device Manager and it will reinstall them automatically on the next boot up.

Are the Acer drivers part of the install disk. If so I would install them anyway, they will probably overwrite the original ones. Are your instructions asking you to uninstall just the USB3 Drivers or previous drivers for the printer in which case you probably don't have any installed anyway. What model mnumber is the Acer All-in-one.

highside 13:21 05 Jan 14

Its an Acer PC no disc involved, Device Manager lists this for USB3-

Etron USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller-0100 (Microsoft) I think this might be what I need to uninstall.

The latest driver direct from Acer Support is USB3 Etron-1.0.0.118-W81x64. The problem is when I try to use this file I see a message the present driver must be installed first using Add/Remove programs and there are no such things in Add/Remove.

It is an Acer Z600 23" Win8.1 (came as 8.0 when new) It has two blue USB3 connectors one of which I think may be for charging. My USB3 devices (external USB3 HD, USB3 card reader and two kindles) will occasionally work from the USB3 but often have to go back into a USB3 hub/connector to be seen. So trying to make sure the driver is correct for Win8.1 Unfortunately didn't try the USB3 skts when PC was Win8.0

Thanks for replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5