Drivers for USB 2.0 5-Port PCI card

chrismuir 20:53 09 Dec 06

Hi

Had run out of USB ports, so bought the above 'Link It' 5-port PCI card today at PC World. When I switched the PC on it found the new hardware, but can't find any drivers for it. Am running XP SP2, there was no installation CD with the card. Any ideas where I can download the drivers??

MTIA

Chris

Technotiger 21:11 09 Dec 06

Hi, I did not think you needed drivers for XP, surely it is Plug & Play.

Goolie 21:13 09 Dec 06

I had a look around and this appears to be a Belkin card, try the driver from here: click here=

Technotiger 21:17 09 Dec 06

Hmmm ... yes, seems I was wrong - thanks Goolie, learnt something else today.

ventanas 21:18 09 Dec 06

You don't need any drivers, just open the box and plug it into a spare pci slot. Switch on and it will be detected and work. I put one of these into a machine yesterday. The supplied cd went in the bin as not needed.

Stuartli 22:14 09 Dec 06

XP and XP+SP2 include USB 2.0 drivers.

Stuartli 22:15 09 Dec 06

You can easily check in Device Manager>USB Controllers and look for Enhanced or similar wording.

Stuartli 22:16 09 Dec 06

You might just have to raise the number of USB2.0 ports to that in use in the Bios - it does in the case of my AMI Bios.

chrismuir 18:30 10 Dec 06

Hi

Installed the Belkin drivers, uninstalled the PCI card in device manager and rebooted - still couldn't find the drivers. So, remove device in device manager, switch off and phyically remove from PCI slot and replace in new PCI slot, then reboot. Detected new hardware and found all the required drivers.....all ok now.

Thanks for the advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5