Drivers for SiS 5591/2

chief_tech 20:42 22 Jan 03
  chief_tech 20:42 22 Jan 03

Have recently acquired an older PC and have got it working with 98SE except for one thing. I can only get it to work in 16 colours. The only driver for the Video Adaptor is the standard VGA one. I've downloaded the chipset drivers (SiS5595) and using Solsoft Sandra have found a need for SiS5591 drivers. Found ones for AGP and IDE, but nothing for the VGA element.

Being a comparative novice I'm now a bit stuck as to what to do next.

Any pointers to get back on track please

bremner 20:58 22 Jan 03

Are the graphics on board or is there a seperate graphics card.

If it is on board then it will be supplied as part of the chipset drivers. If it is a card then that will have to be obtained seperatately.

If you don't know download Belarc this will report details of your system.

click here for Belarc

Gongoozler 21:08 22 Jan 03

Hi chief_tech. Can you tell us the make of the motherboard as it is usually better to start with their drivers rather than the chipset makers if possible. I have found various references to SiS 5591 and SiS 5595, but I'm confused as to which is the correct one for you. Have you tried DriverGuide click here? You have to register, but it costs nothing and doesn't give any problems.

Gongoozler 21:09 22 Jan 03

Another good site vor video drivers is Video-Drivers.com click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…