Drivers for Printer needed

Sheps 15:04 26 Feb 09

Hi ya all,
I'm hoping someone out there could help me ....
I've just brought a new baseunit, and it came with Vista Basic 32bit, and i've managed to get all my programs on , and windows has managed to find the drivers automatically, but when installing my Canon Multifunction MP110 Printer/copier/scanner it couldnt find the drivers for it, so i went onto the canon website and downloaded all that i was meant to, and the printer now works, and copier, but i cannot get the scanner to work, i keep getting the message....The Scanner Driver supported by this Software is not installed. Install it and retry again, well i've done this numerous times and given up, well today i needed the scanner, and of course i forgot its not working, so what can i do, do i end up reformatting my pc and putting my xp back on or is there anyone else out there that has had the same problem, i've tried rebooting after installation of the drivers, but to no avail.....many thanks in advance Regards Paula

Sea Urchin 15:16 26 Feb 09

Are you using XP or Vista?

Sparkly 15:20 26 Feb 09

If its a Canon PIXMA MP110 give this link a try.

click here

Terry Brown 15:21 26 Feb 09

As it seems Vista do not have a compatible driver for your printer, you could try the following:

Put the Installation CD in the Drive
Right click on Properties
Select Compability mode
Select a mode (xp,win2000,winme) and try that.

9 times out of 10 it will fix the problem.
Terry

Sea Urchin 15:23 26 Feb 09

my question was superfluous

Sheps 16:55 26 Feb 09

Thanks everyone, but i've already done the Canon site 3 times, to no avail, i've just done what Terry suggested and all i keep getting is this message....This program has compatibility issues...
Canon Inkjet printer scanner CDROM has a known compatibilty issue with the version of windows and might not run as expected for more info contact CANON INC......
So i really done know what else i can do , apart from install Windows xp, which i dont really want to do .....
many thanks for all your help.
Paula

brundle 16:58 26 Feb 09

Can you confirm you downloaded this? click here=

Sheps 17:02 26 Feb 09

I'll just do it again, and see, do i run or save ???

brundle 17:03 26 Feb 09

Save, then run. Is it the same file you've already tried? Do any of the files on the CDROM match? Best to get the latest from the website at any rate...

Sheps 17:04 26 Feb 09

okey dokey, just give it another go, thank you

brundle 17:08 26 Feb 09

Others with the same problem, on various MP models when the error message is googled.

The last comment here click here might help or the second comment here click here or even the last comment here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…