Drivers and network adapter help

carrie-anne 06:23 06 May 04

Can anybody tell me if there is any softeware that will identify drivers missing from device manager. As I have looked at all my drivers and they all seem to have drivers but im sure they are not the correct ones as I can not get my netgear dg834g to connect to aol it seems to put it with the wrong network connections. And when I checked the connections etc I had the Ethernet cable in the only slot it would fit on the back of my pc but when I carried out the rest of the install it added another connection in the network connections. 1394 connection 1394#4 adapter and local connection via compatible fast ethernet.when i looked at the back of my pc the ethernet cable was in and above was another slot that had 1394 next to it.HELP

Quiller. 07:17 06 May 04

First of all. A 1394 connection is a fire connection via a firewire port. Look very closely for a different port or post the motherboard details here.

Secondly if device manager has no yellow exclamation marks against any items in device manager then your drivers should be alright.

Look in device manager \ network adaptors and post back the findings. Also it would be nice to know what operating system you are running.

good luck.

Quiller. 07:26 06 May 04

Try this. click here

I think it is the same that comes on the PCA dvd disk now and then. It should record and save all your drivers to a folder. It should also scour the net for updated ones.

carrie-anne 07:59 06 May 04

Im not quite sure if I have a nic installed how do I find out. I have xp home os.

Quiller. 14:39 06 May 04

The NIC, network interface card ( socket)

here is a picture of a NIC socket. click here

And here is a picture of the end of a NIC cable. click here

A firewire socket and cable look very similar to a usb socket and cable one, only one end is slightly curved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…