drivers needed for sharp pc-gp1416 laptop

vincent1 09:59 14 Sep 09

hi i have just been given a laptop (no hard drive included) i have now put in a new hard drive and need the drivers i am running windows xp pro sp2 belarc advisor comes up with this
sharp pc-gp1416 series 5a na 206022037
i need audio graphics and Ethernet i have emailed sharp uk and they said this was something to do with the dixons group so they cant help i have searched the internet and posted on other forums but no one seems able to help can anyone help on here please if possible many thanks in anticipoation

Taff™ 10:21 14 Sep 09

click here but the drivers you need aren`t listed although may be useful. I`ll keep looking but could you copy and paste the info from Belarc for each of the above items on the forum - I`m sure we can find these drivers from other sources.

rdave13 10:27 14 Sep 09

Try filling in the details here at Sharp; click here

Taff™ 10:28 14 Sep 09

Sorry - The graphics is the Twister one - Two to go. The Network Card is a VIA Compatible Fast Ethernet Adapter and sound is Avance AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller. Just finding the links now.

By the way the info on the entire system is click here

johndrew 10:30 14 Sep 09

You may find the drivers here but they come at a price click here=

And I assume you have scoured these sites click here click here click here

This site may offer some hope click here

And this may give a bit more click here

Taff™ 10:40 14 Sep 09

Audio click here

Ethernet Adapter from Via click here but check the Belarc info to see if it gives you a clue as to the exact one. (May be listed under System Info for the motherboard - look for a corresponding Model Code)

Taff™ 10:49 14 Sep 09

johndrew - thanks for the input but none of those links provide a direct link to a suitable driver and paying for one is not an option! Download these driver scanners at your own peril ;o)

vincent1 21:41 14 Sep 09

many thanks to everyone who has helped me very much appreciated a message to taff can you help me find the main board drivers as i should install them first? many thanks to everyone cheers vince

vincent1 21:42 14 Sep 09

should of said chipset i think sorry

Taff™ 12:39 15 Sep 09

You`ll have to post the System Model and Main Circuit Board details from Belarc and I`ll do my best!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now