Drivers needed

imstuck 15:32 07 Apr 08

Hi i am trying to set up broadband on my laptop. Problem is i need drivers because under 'other devices everything has a yellow question mark. Anybody have a idea about the drivers. Thanks

O. S. windows xp pro
Dell latitude D510 laptop

Stuartli 15:37 07 Apr 08

Not until it's known what devices require drivers.

imstuck 15:42 07 Apr 08

ethernet controller
multimedia audio controller
network controller
pci modem
video controller
video controller (VGA compatible)

thanks

Totally-braindead 15:49 07 Apr 08

Forgive me but have you recently reinstalled windows?

The stuff you list is virtually all the device drivers for the laptop. Did you install them because thats what you need to do first?

Tell us what you have done because it can't have come like that.

Totally-braindead 15:51 07 Apr 08

These are all the drivers for the Dell Latitude D510 laptop. click here=

You need all these installed first.

Stuartli 15:53 07 Apr 08

Assuming that the PCI modem is a dialup type and therefore not a necessity, you need to download the latest motherboard drivers for your laptop along with drivers for onboard sound/sound card.

Also ensure that if you do have onboard sound it is Enabled in the Bios (may be listed as AC '97).

You might already have the motherboard and/or sound drivers if your laptop came with a Utilities disk.

imstuck 15:57 07 Apr 08

thanks-this is what i have done.
my mrs works closed down and she was told she could keep a laptop. Couldnt do any thing with it. only option, so i was told was to re install windows which i have done.

Totally-braindead 16:07 07 Apr 08

Do you have the Dell drivers disk? If not you will need to download the drivers I gave you a link to and install them. You would need the Audio, the Chipset, the correct communications download if you want to use the modem but as said if you are going to use BB you can ignore that one, you also need IDE and EIDE controllers and I think the video as well as the Network controller.

I think thats all, thats 4 drivers, 5 if you include the modem.

If you can find the service TAG code you can enter that and it will come up with a list of the specific drivers you need for your PC using the location I gave you at 15.51.

Download them to another PC and then burn them onto a disk so you have them later on if needed and then install them from the disk you have made.

Totally-braindead 16:08 07 Apr 08

5 drivers not 4 and 6 if you include the modem.

Sorry lost track there.

imstuck 14:17 08 Apr 08

totally braindead,thanks i am doing well i need 1 more but i am having trouble finding it.It is for Ethernet controller

cheers

Ditch999 15:05 08 Apr 08

Totally-braindead gave you the link in an earlier post to the Dell website. If its Ethernet then the Broadcom 440x driver is the only one available. You can check in device manager if this is the right adapter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5