Drivers for Hercules

Zebrapec 13:08 02 Jan 04

Could someone tell me where I can download drivers for a HERCULES 3D PROPHET 4000XT PCI video card for use on WIN98 please.
Thanks zerapec.

64MB Non TV OUT
click here

64MB TV OUT
click here

Stuartli 13:25 02 Jan 04

Hercules website probably even better and more up to date:

click here

Tech Support here:

click here

with nVidia style form boxes to locate your requirements.

Pesala 13:39 02 Jan 04

I was thinking, "it is 2004, and someone is trying to use a Hercules mono monitor with Windows."

Zebrapec 18:29 02 Jan 04

The answer given by Stuartli worked great THANKS.
What do you mean Pesala? I cannot understand what you are trying to say.

Pesala 22:13 02 Jan 04

In the good old days before 1024 x 768 and above a Hercules monochrome monitor was the best one could get. I think it had a resolution of about 720 x 348 or something silly click here

Stuartli 12:50 03 Jan 04

But we were talking about a video card...:-))

Pesala 14:43 07 Jan 04

Stuart,

"Hercules monochrome -- The Hercules graphics card is an excellent, inexpensive approach to serious desktop publishing. You can use a regular TTL monochrome monitor with a Hercules or Hercules-compatible card."

A CRT monitor can display text or graphics at different resolutions depending on the graphics card. Hercules mono graphics was once thought to be excellent, and was much clearer than CGA. It had both text and graphics modes.

Those were the days: you did your word-processing in text mode, then switched to graphics mode to print preview the layout with colour graphic images displayed in glorious monochrome. Even large and small fonts, superscripts, bold, italics, and Small Caps were displayed correctly in graphics mode.

Stuartli 14:59 07 Jan 04

Your comment still proved puzzling to the vast majority - it was probably around when most of them were not....:-)))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…