Drivers for CD Rom windows XP

AFreestone 17:10 08 Sep 03

My drivers for the CD Rom are corrupted and I can't load the device hence use it. Does anyone know:

1. Where I can download replacements (I've looked virtually evrywhere.
2. How I can get the drivers off the XP CD onto my system.
3.Of some other solution

Thanks guys

Freefone

Stuartli 17:23 08 Sep 03

Windows has always included the basic driver for CD/DVD-ROM and rewriter drives - nothing else is required.

Are you sure that it is not firmware that you are having problems with?

Stuartli 17:24 08 Sep 03

Sorry, thinking of rewriters regarding firmware...:-(

AFreestone 17:34 08 Sep 03

I've tried uninstalling etc but the message keeps coming up that they're corrupted or missing.

I think I need to reload from somewhere but I don't have the CD working. I've tried another CD new cable etc so it keeps coming down to the drivers.

Thanks

Wobby 18:31 08 Sep 03

I don't think this is a driver problem, sounds like an IDE problem with your motherboard. Have you tested the cdrom drives and cables on another system? Installed IDE controller software for your motherboard?

AFreestone 09:11 09 Sep 03

I'll try that. I did try the CD rom as slave on the primary IDE with the same result and I have tried it as the master same result.

I'll give it a go

Thanks

AFreestone 14:02 09 Sep 03

Well !!!

Done all that.

The CD works under DOS ie if I boot from an old Win 98 startup disc. Reads OK.

It's only when it hits windows that it goes offline.

I've tried copying all the relevant files from another machine but each time it just says under drivers hardware installed but not working - drivers may be missing or corrupted.

Now I am completely stumped any more ideas guys.

Thanks

Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…