Drivers for card Reader/Writer required please

Bayleaf 21:15 17 Feb 05

Can anyone help me to find a update to the driver for a Memory Gold Card Reader/Writer Model no UISC3SE FOR WINDOWS XP. Have tried Driverguide, Driverzone, with no luck, would appreciate any help.

Technotiger 21:23 17 Feb 05

Hi a usb card reader does not need a driver - slot it into a usb port and away you go.

JonnyTub 21:26 17 Feb 05

I'll agree with techotiger, xp does not require drivers for card readers, internal or external.

Bayleaf 21:44 17 Feb 05

Hi Technotiger& Jonny Tub,
Thanks for your help, but have tried just plugging in to the usb port but XP asks for the software disk or Internet connection to search for the driver? and does not show the drive present.

JonnyTub 21:46 17 Feb 05

Uninstall the card reader via device manager and reboot allowing windows to re-install upon the re-boot, try again.

AdvisorAl 21:49 17 Feb 05

I think you will find tha XP does require Driver for sertain Card Reader/writers I have a Jenoptik Jenreader/writer with Compact Flash and Smart Media 3 years old and tha driver disc is required so I would think there must be other Reader / Writers that also require drivers....regards Alan

Technotiger 21:54 17 Feb 05

Odd - unless I am missing something here, I did not think that usb card readers needed to be installed/uninstalled. What happens if you plug it into a usb port and insert a card to read?
Also when inserted in the usb port does it not show up as extra drive/s in My Computer?

Technotiger 21:56 17 Feb 05

Just seen AdvisorAl's response - so looks as if I stand/sit corrected. But if a driver is required it should heve been supplied with the card reader surely.

JonnyTub 22:01 17 Feb 05

Technotiger, all hardware requires a driver, regardless of it being built into xp or not, a simple uninstall and reinstall will often fix the problem

Bayleaf 22:02 17 Feb 05

Reason I need the updated driver is because XP is giving me error messages related to the card reader on shutdown.

JonnyTub 22:03 17 Feb 05

In theory, no card reader / writer should require a driver to be installed in xp, that doesn't mean that xp's can't become corrupted like any other 3rd party's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…