Drivers blocked from loading

tiscalitrev 16:53 29 Nov 05

Hi there,
Can anyone help an old fool.
A while back I tried to load an old copy of Easy CD creator onto my Win XP SP2 system. I carried on despite Windows saying it may cause probs ( I said I was a fool!)
Afterwards on boot up windows says it prevents two drivers cdralw2k.sys and cdr4_2k.sys from loading. So I uninstalled Easy CD, but the pop up still appears when booting up windows.
I tried deleting the 2 files but then my 2 DVD drives do not appear in My Computer.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Skyver 17:28 29 Nov 05

Older versions of Roxio cause problems with XP - go here click here - scroll down to `CDROM and Recorder no longer work in Windows 2000/XP` near the bottom of the page and follow the registry editing instructions. If you're unsure about editing, right click the key you are about to delete and select Export - if you have any problems you can double click the resulting .reg files to re-insert them back into the registry.

tiscalitrev 09:04 30 Nov 05

Thanks for response. I will try what you suggest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…