brokepc 21:22 08 Jan 03

does anyone know where i can download the driver for a floppy disc
this is the one i need ATAPI IDE DEVICE DRIVER VERISON V1.23B
any help will be great thanks people

Timeforabeer 21:43 08 Jan 03

Hi brokepc..

Try here.. click here

Timeforabeer 21:46 08 Jan 03

Just re-read your thread....why do you need a driver for your floppy?

brokepc 21:49 08 Jan 03

it got deleted by accident i cant get the floppy disc to work it keeps saying that an error occured and i need that driver

BRYNIT 21:54 08 Jan 03

Dont think a: drive uses drivers it runs from MB have you checked cables.

Timeforabeer 21:59 08 Jan 03

Are your cd/dvd drives working?

brokepc 22:03 08 Jan 03

yes m8 they are ok i have windows 98 need the floppy to save stuff dont have a cd re writer

jazzypop 22:12 08 Jan 03

If you truly have deleted the driver (I can't imagine how you did that), then go to Start, Run, and type SFC

That should restore any missing sytem files

DieSse 22:20 08 Jan 03

The driver you quote as missing, is not the driver for a floppy disk drive - it's for IDE drives (hard disks and optical disks).

You are not using an LS120 disk drive are you - this is a different matter altogether, with a different solution.

woodchip 22:31 08 Jan 03

If this is a normal 3.5" floppy disc go first to Device Manager under System in control Manager remove the floppy and reboot so your computer and windows will reinstall the settings. But floppy disc drives are very cheep to buy if the disc is gone it may also be the cable that’s faulty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…