Drivers

User-394903 01:14 28 Dec 05

Hi,

Seasons greetings to all.

I am running Win XP Home with SP2. An 'Advent' replacement cordles keyboard and mouse have recently been installed. The earlier 'PC Line' was giving me problems. The Mod No was ADE-KBC 1RF.

My newer cordless keyboard and mouse Mod No. is ADE-KBC1RF appears to be working fine, but the insructions tell me to uninstall the mouse driver and the keyboard driver. I can't find any reference within the instructions or on the software as to how to achieve this and feel that if I don't do that, there will be problems later on that I obviously wish to avoid. Any suggestions are welcome.

If there is any more info required, feel free.

Thank you.

007al 01:16 28 Dec 05

Have a look in Add or Remove Programs to see if they are there

Strawballs 01:21 28 Dec 05

Go to device manager and remove any mice or keyboards there and then reboot withyour new ones plugged in and follow instructions.

User-394903 01:35 28 Dec 05

Hi 007al,

I did look in there before I instslled the new gear, but could not see any reference to any mouse/keyboard drivers. There is a mouse driver there now, but I suspect that is for the current mouse.

I have also tried searching all files and folders, but nothing comes up. Is it possible that there has been an overwrite at some stage when I installed the files from the software?

User-394903 01:44 28 Dec 05

Hi strawballs,

Thanks for you info, but how do I get to Device Manager?

Gandalph 02:00 28 Dec 05

Go into Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management then click Device Manager in the left pane.

Strawballs 02:14 28 Dec 05

Start>Controlpanel>system>hardware>device Manager

User-394903 12:24 28 Dec 05

Thank you guys. Your help is much appreciated. I'm going back to click problem solved.

digijack

nblack101 13:13 30 Dec 05

digijack

Did you suceed in installing the keyboard and mouse referred to in this topic?

I have the same equipment and have been unable to install it. I have uninstalled the existing mouse and keyboard. I then restart the PC and plug in the new mouse and keyboard. The PC boots up to the user log in screen and then nothing else happens. The mouse and keyboard do not appear to work and I am unable to log in. Connecting the original keyboard and mouse allows me to access the system and the PC defaults to the drivers that I had uninstalled.

I am unable to work out what is going wrong and wondered if you could confirm the process you went through assuming it was successful.

sil_ver 14:16 30 Dec 05

NBlack
plug your kb and mouse before you startup otherwise it will default to a generic driver.

User-394903 16:14 30 Dec 05

Hi nblack101,

The process I used went liks this. (1) Turn off the pc and plug the PS/2 connectors into the appropriate ports at the back of your pc. (2) Load the batteries in the mouse and keyboard. (3)Turn on the pc. The LED indicator on the receiver lights. (4)Press the ID link button on the receiver. When it starts to flash, press the link button on underside of the K/B. (5) Repeat step 4 for the MOUSE. Both steps 4 and 5 need to be done in 15 sec's each. I then removed the old mouse driver and inserted the c/d. You can't go wrong really, there are only 2 buttons that you will need to click on. One for the keyboard and one for the mouse.

Good luck.

Digijack

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017