Drivers

syl57 07:41 15 Jun 04

Hi I wonder if anyone may have some ideas for me please.
I am new to computers and dont know much about them, I have just changed my ISP server as I wasnt happy with the one I was with , I downloaded the new onefrom the net all went ok till it came to loading the driver and it wouldnt load I phoned the isp(tesco) and they gave me a back up number to use and said they would send me a disc out ,
still havnt had the disc and was wondering if there is anyway i can find this driver on the net.
thanks for any help

Gongoozler 08:00 15 Jun 04

Hi syl57. When you load the disk for a new isp, there shouldn't be any drivers only internet and email settings. Only your modem should need drivers and presumably you already have these. Try going to the Tesco.net website click here, click on the "Help" tab and then on "Need technical help with your Tesco.net account?" and then "Help for Microsoft Windows users". Hopefully you will get the information you need there.

syl57 08:27 15 Jun 04

Hi Gongozler.
Thanks for your reply but as i said i didnt have a disc downloaded it from the web while i was stil with my old isp server after i dowloaded ir i should have had a connection icon on my desktop for connection but i didnt have one that is why when i phoned tesco they gave me a back up number but i would rather have it the correct way guess i wil have to phone them again and ask them to send me a disc and will just have to be patient and wait

Gongoozler 16:20 15 Jun 04

Hi syl57. I never use isp disks when I set up a new isp because I don't like all the other bits they insist on putting on my computer. For dial-up internet I just manually put in the settings which they give on their web site. I set my home page to "Blank". Then when I want to get onto the internet I open Internet Explorer from the icon on my Quick-Launch bar, which then opens a blank window. I enter the web site address manually or via My Favorites and the dial-up box pops up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…